PARS | Public Agency Retirement Services, Newport Beach, CA
Consulting firm specializing in retirement products, manages the largest private retirement system in CA
Senior Analyst, Consulting January 2016 - Present
- • Developed and managed product strategy and roadmap for an industry-first pension investment tool, working with engineering, sales, and marketing to launch fastest growing product in company history — over $1B (25% of company assets) in 4 years.
- • Innovated online PARS enrollment portal for over 1M customers annually, with emphasis on defining/eliminating friction points and improving customer experience. Managed development with engineering teams. Early testing resulted in 80% faster enrollment.
- • Created an internal transaction analysis product that manages over $4B in assets, used by all departments with an agile development model, replacing 22 separate analysis tools. Over 1M annual calculations with a less than 1% error rate.
- • Conceived internal SQL tools accessed via web, managed their development, and led inclusion across workflows in all departments. Over 2M data pulls completed with 100% accuracy and internal surveys indicate 98% satisfaction.
- • Introduced dollar-weighted rate-of-return KPI based on multiple regression model from 25 years of internal data and achieved over 97% statistical significance. Interfaced with leadership and coworkers across departments to integrate into processes.
- • Re-engineered analysis model of primary product to enable instant calculation results while accounting for over 1,000 independent variables. Utilized in over 2,000 analyses and tracks over $100M in annual revenue.
- • Launched a complete brand refresh, including all consumer-facing publications and marketing efforts, across all company products. Client surveys indicate 90% approval, citing a superior customer experience.
Global Connect & UCI, Irvine, CA
An educational initiative to further the understanding of globalization and international studies in schools
Editor-at-Large & Executive Chair June 2013 - June 2015
- • Directed 200+ interns and their supervisors each year, with training on presentation skills and slide deck development.
- • Produced 15 textbooks and authored 32 individual presentations and workshops for AP-level courses. Lectured to over 10,000 students over 2 years and sold these materials to executive leadership at over 100 schools districts nationwide.
Chancellor’s Economist, Department of Economics • UC Irvine, Irvine, CA
Lead Research Assistant January 2014 - June 2015
- • Engineered preliminary regression models with over 1M data points for a national study on age discrimination.
- • Published in 100+ academic journals incl. Harvard Business Review and The National Bureau of Economic Research.
© Benson Lao All Rights Reserved